Knowledgebase // How to create custom error pages Print this Article
1) Click the Custom Error Pages link
This page lists all the error pages you can edit from Direct Admin. Let's go ahead and edit the 404 Not Found error page, which displays automatically if someone attempts to visit a page in your website that doesn't exist
2) Click the 404.shtml link here
3) Paste the HTML code of the page you want displayed, here in this text area
4) Before saving the file, let's take a look to see if it looks ok... click Preview Html
5) This shows what the 404 Error Page will look like. Let's return to the edit page.... close this window
6) Now let's save this page by clicking Save As
The 404.shtml page is now listed in the File Manager, here
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to setup and modify your custom error pages from within Direct Admin
Was this answer helpful?
Now let's learn how to host additional domains in our hosting account 1) Click the Domain Setup link 2) Then click Add Another Domain This is where you add new domain names to be hosted within...
Now let's learn how to backup our website/files, and restore them 1) Click the Create/Restore Backups link This is the main backup screen, where you can select specific portions of your account...
Now let's learn how to change our Direct Admin password. 1) Click the Change Password link 2) This is the Change Password main screen\3) In order to change your Direct Admin password, you...
Now let's learn how to create a catch-all email account1) Click the Catch-All E-Mail link Let's go ahead and set a catch-all email address You have three (3) choices in how to deal with emails...
Now let's learn how to setup domain pointers1) Click the Domain Pointers linkThis is the main Domain Pointers screen A domain pointer allows you to point another domain name to your main account...